Trade vs. Aid – FDI in Africa
Yesterday I made a visit to the Afrika Studie Centrum in Leiden, the Netherlands.
I was surprised to find a folder with this map. It really brings a number of things into perspective.
Outside of Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and South Africa, its clear most FDI is made in energy rich countries.
Many of the countries without these resources are still very much fighting a balance between aid and trade.
I was also surprised to see that aid is still a greater contributor than FDI in a country like Nigeria.
This map clearly shows the amount of work that still needs to be done.
I would invite any other maps or graphs that further tell the story.
FDI in Africa
Tags: Accra, Aerospace, Africa, Algeria, Angola, Automotive, Banking, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Business, Cairo, cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep, Chad, Chemicals, Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Congo, Construction, Consumer Durables, Consumer Non-Durables, Dem. Rep. Congo (Zaire), digital divide, Diversified Services, Djibouti, Drugs, Economy, Egypt, Electronics, Energy, entrepreneur, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Financial Services, Food and Beverages, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Health Services, ICT, Incubator, Insurance, Internet, Investment, Ivory Coast, Johannesburg, Kenya, Lagos, Leisure, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Manufacturing, Mauritania, Mauritius, Media, Metals, Missing Middle, Mobile, Morocco, Mozambique, Nairobi, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Private Equity, Private Equity Africa, Private Equity Africa Investment, Private Equity in Africa, Private Equity Investment in Africa, Real Estate, Retail, Reunion, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Shareholder, Sierra Leone, Small and Medium Size Enterprise, social venture, Somalia, SOuth Africa, Specialty Retail, Stakeholder, Start up, Stock Market, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Telecommunications, Tobacco, Togo, Transportation, Tunisia, uganda, Utilities, venture capital, Wholesale, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- RT @VC4Africa: Bam! And now the really tough job starts. So many great entrepreneurs building game changing companies. #Africa #entrepreneu… 2 weeks ago
- RT @StoneAtwine: I applied to @XL_Africa, you should too. twitter.com/XL_Africa/stat… 2 weeks ago
- RT @africatechie: Deadline is June 12th so hurry! twitter.com/XL_Africa/stat… 2 weeks ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs