Want to invest in African entrepreneurs?
Entrepreneurs are a key driver in Africa’s economic development. An increasing body of research argues that entrepreneurs, and their small to medium size enterprises, hold great potential for the continent’s continued advancement. Entrepreneurs are vital to building a healthy and stable society. They help to create an important middle class and are an invaluable source of jobs, tax revenue, foreign currency and countless tertiary benefits. What can you do?
With MyC4.com it is possible to invest directly in African entrepreneurs. The website is an online marketplace where you can search projects by country. Find the entrepreneur you think has the best business potential and make a bid. This is when the fun part begins and you see the market forces take control. As MyC4.com grows as a community you will see more and more investors competing for the same loans. This bidding dynamic serves to drive down the interest rates so make sure your bid is competitive 🙂 I like this approach because it puts the power into the hands of the entrepreneur. They choose the best bid they need to grow their business and at the end of the day this is what it is all about!
MyC4.com was founded by Tim Vang and Mads Kjaer. See an interview I did with Mads on their one year anniversary. This interview was taken with the Flip Video.
Tags: Accra, Africa, african, bid, Business, Development, east africa, Entrepreneurship, foreign currency, Ghana, invest, jobs, kampala, Kenya, loan, mads kjaer, marketplace, millenium development goals, Mobile, myc4.com, Nairobi, social, tax revenue, tim vang, uganda, website
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- RT @TLAAfrica: .@AfricaTechSMT @ABANAngels @AbacusKe @africatbn @VC4Africa @tomjackson1988 @tiphubAfrica @cairoangels @DisruptAfrica @Afric… 5 days ago
- RT @TLAAfrica: There are 46% female founders on the @VC4Africa platform. #Diversity is important for success. The founding team is key @VC4… 5 days ago
- RT @TLAAfrica: 'If you can't pitch to media, you will probably bomb with VCs'. True, but important to remember those are two very different… 5 days ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs