First VC4Africa Meetup in Kampala, Uganda
This past Saturday Jon and I had the pleasure to host the first VC4Africa meetup in Kampala, Uganda. The event was great and I enjoyed getting to meet some of our members in the area. There was a lot of interaction and I think most people walked away with a useful contact or two!
As you know, we are using the BarCamp model – an international network of user generated conferences – open, participatory workshop/events, whose content is provided by participants. What does this mean? It means that any member of VC4Africa.com can organize a meeting in their area whenever they feel there is a need. Simply let us know and we will help promote the gathering via the network. All we ask is that you share some of the experience with the rest of us 🙂
I am pleased to let you know that we have already received interest from members in Johannesburg, Lagos, Silicon Valley, New York and London. I will be working with the different members in the effort to get these events online and will keep you posted on developments!
Interested in bringing together members in your area? Lets see if we can get VC4Africa Meetups across the continent and around the world. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- Why This Entrepreneur @anovitske Left A US Hedge Fund To Live And Invest In Sub-Saharan Africa via @forbes forbes.com/sites/melissar… 1 week ago
- @HenriNyakarundi @partechventures @tidjanedeme @matthieumrch @VC4Africa Only per ventures that benchmark via VC4A v… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- RT @anovitske: Take a break and listen to this @africanroundup. @Andela's Chief Strategy Officer, Wambui Kinya (@wamboyee) talks with @Masu… 2 weeks ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs