Happy 2010 – The first VC4Africa Meetup in Washington DC, January 13th!
We hope the new year finds you well!
It was great to see the VC4Africa community come together this past year in a global effort to promote business on the continent. In 2009 we saw VC4Africa Meetups take place in Kampala, Nairobi, Abuja, London and New York to name a few. Building on this initial success we hope for many more networking opportunities in 2010. Together we can continue in our effort to promote entrepreneurs and their African projects.
Pete, one of our most active members, would like to organize the first VC4Africa Meetup for 2010. The meeting is scheduled for January 13th in Washington DC. As with all VC4Africa Meetups, the event will simply be a place for members to meet one another and share thoughts and ideas. No speeches, no agenda, nothing planned. The loose structure allows for lots of networking. Just remember, everyone is expected to pay for their own drinks : )
Let us know if you will attend and if you want to help out please add your name to the list and spread the word!
New Year Greetings,
Tags: Africa, angel, barcamp, Business, capital, Conference, dc, deal, entrepreneur, equity, investor, making, meeting, network, new york, private, Silicon Valley, social, Start up, United States, vc4africa, vc4africa.com, venture, washington
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- RT @TLAAfrica: .@AfricaTechSMT @ABANAngels @AbacusKe @africatbn @VC4Africa @tomjackson1988 @tiphubAfrica @cairoangels @DisruptAfrica @Afric… 5 days ago
- RT @TLAAfrica: There are 46% female founders on the @VC4Africa platform. #Diversity is important for success. The founding team is key @VC4… 5 days ago
- RT @TLAAfrica: 'If you can't pitch to media, you will probably bomb with VCs'. True, but important to remember those are two very different… 5 days ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs