- in Business, Conference, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, Entrepreneurship, Events, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, kampala, Kenya, Software, Start up, Telecom, uganda, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- 1 Comment
VC4Africa.com, a meetup in Amsterdam connecting entrepreneurs and investors
At Venture Capital and Private Equity in Africa (VC4Africa.com), an online community for investors and entrepreneurs dedicated to building business on the continent, we believe it is important we meet ‘offline’ as we do ‘online.’
For 9 months we have been using the BarCamp model (an international network of user generated conferences – open, participatory workshop/events, whose content is provided by participants) to organize our very own series of VC4Africa Meetups.
Already we have hosted VC4Africa meetups in Johannesburg, Abuja, Kampala, Nairobi (2x), Kigali, London, Washington DC, San Francisco, New York and Atlanta. We like this open format because it means that anyone can participate. Any member of VC4Africa can organize a meeting in their area whenever they feel there is a need.
A VC4Africa Meetup in Amsterdam
For the first Amsterdam meeting we hosted 18 entrepreneurs with vetted business plans. And not just from East Africa but from Mozambique, Ghana, Congo and Niger too! Can you believe that?
Needless to say, this was a great chance to connect them with possible partners and investors. Also friends and other people curious to meet them.
We had over 50 members join the networking event and facilitates many discussions between entrepreneurs and investors. We also had the chance to introduce the new VC4Africa logo and handed out t-shirts and stickers to members attending!
As with all VC4Africa Meetups, they are simply a place for members to meet one another and share thoughts and ideas. No speeches, no agenda, nothing planned. The loose structure allows for lots of networking. Just remember, everyone is expected to pay for their own drinks:)
Tags: 2.0, Africa, Afrika, angel, barcamp, base, bid network, Business, capital, Community, company, dembisa, Development, emerging, entrepreneurs, equity, exit, grass, investors, market, meetup, members, moyo, Netherlands, network, ngo, ondernemer, plan, Platform, private, pyramid, roots, round, shares, shift, social, startup, theory, vc, vc4africa, vc4africa.com, vcs, venture
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs