- in Business, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, Entrepreneurship, Events, Gadgets, ICT, ICT Africa, Incubator, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, Nigeria, Open Source, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- Leave a comment
Sowambe, the pan-African social media lifestyle brand is proud to present the 1st Sowambe Awards
Sowambe, the ‘pan-African social media lifestyle brand,’ recently launched the 1st Sowambe Awards. Sowambe Awards will recognize and celebrate the best social media adopters, talents, celebs, brands, professionals as well as social web platforms in Nigeria. This is a great initiative and I only hope the team is able to bring this concept to other African countries in the future. Certainly, the best way forward is to spend more time celebrating the entrepreneurs making the difference today.
The Awards has about 25 categories and will allow participants to nominate and vote online for a period of one month for their favourites, based on a clear understanding and good judgment on activities in the social web.
Best Social Media Personality
Best Social Media Celebrity
Best Social Media Blogger
Best Social Media Politician
Best Social Media Site
Best Social Media Activist
Best Social Media Designer
Best Social Media Thinker
Best Use of Twitter
Best Use of Facebook
Best Use of YouTube
Best Social Media Community
Best Social Media On-Air Personality (TV/Radio)
Best Social Media Newspaper
Best Social Media Startup
Best Social Media Jobs Platform
Best Social Networking Site
Best Social Media TV/Radio Station
Best Micro-Blogging Platform
Best Social Aggregation Tool
Best Ad Campaign on YouTube
Best Ad Campaign on Facebook
Timelines: Nomination Period: February 1 to February 10.
Voting Period: February 15 to February 28.
Winners will be announced on March 1.
For interested sponsors and partners, kindly email info (at) sowambe.com or visit www.sowambe.com/sponsors.
You can follow @sowambe on Twitter.
For more details, please visit www.sowambe.com
Join Africa’s social web addicts in media, business and entertainment at
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- RT @TLAAfrica: .@AfricaTechSMT @ABANAngels @AbacusKe @africatbn @VC4Africa @tomjackson1988 @tiphubAfrica @cairoangels @DisruptAfrica @Afric… 5 days ago
- RT @TLAAfrica: There are 46% female founders on the @VC4Africa platform. #Diversity is important for success. The founding team is key @VC4… 5 days ago
- RT @TLAAfrica: 'If you can't pitch to media, you will probably bomb with VCs'. True, but important to remember those are two very different… 5 days ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs