- in ActivSpaces, Afrilabs, Appfrica Labs, BantaLabs, Business, Cameroon, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, Entrepreneurship, Hive Colab, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, iHub, Incubator, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, JokkoLabs, kampala, Kenya, Nailab, Nigeria, OLPC, Open Source, Research, Sanaga Ventures, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, Telecom, Tools, uganda, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- Leave a comment
102 ventures registered on VC4Africa.biz and counting
We are pleased to announce that we now have 102 ventures registered on VC4Africa.biz!
This week we pushed past 100 ventures on VC4Africa.biz and already entrepreneurs have secured funding and found partners needed to grow their business. My favorite tweet of the day comes from Joeri Poesen @jpoesen who writes, ‘It’s great to see VC4Africa (vc4africa.biz) is really kicking off. The variety and ingenuity on display is awesome.’ Can’t say it any better. With more than 100 ventures the VC4A platform really starts to give a feeling for the sheer vibrance, creativitiy and energy we can find in entrepreneurs from across the continent.
To some extent unexpected, we are also finding that entrepreneurs learn from the process of crunching their business ideas. A lot of the members find the questions challenging if not useful in helping them work through difficult parts of their buisness plan. We are working to build more support in these areas and to help our entrepreneurs navigate this process – because we agree, it’s just not that easy to bring on board partners and investors without carefully thinking about the structure. The time spent putting together a profile on VC4A doesn’t go to waste either as entrepreneurs can download a pdf. version they can then use as a tool i.e. sending it to possible business partners or investors. We are also hearing that entrepreneurs really appreciate the fact that the VC4Africa community can contact them directly without the middle man stuff they usually find on matchmaking sites like this. And now that we have members from more than 150 countries there is almost certainly a connection to be made for each entrepreneur.
Tags: Africa, angel, Business, diversity, enterprises, entrepreneurial, equity, funding, grant, invest, Investment, medium, private, seed, sized, small, SMEs, spirit, startup, vc4africa, venture, venture capital
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs