- in ActivSpaces, AfricaNews.com, Afrilabs, Appfrica Labs, BantaLabs, Business, Cameroon, Conference, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, Entrepreneurship, ethnography, Events, Hive Colab, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, iHub, Incubator, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, JokkoLabs, kampala, Kenya, Media in Africa, Mobile, Mobile Reporting, Nailab, Nigeria, Open Source, Really Simple Reporting, Research, Sanaga Ventures, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, Telecom, Tools, uganda, Uncategorized, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.com, venture capital, Voices of Africa
- 1 Comment
A video pitch on Njorku.com, making job search in Africa possible
Today Churchill Nanje Mambe, the founder of Njorku.com, uploaded one of the first video pitches from Cameroon. Njorku is a job search engine for Africans world wide, otherwise a platform that aggregates and provides search and browse functionality for jobs from across the continent. In the short term there is a focus on Nigeria, Cameroon and South Africa.
Loy Okezie recently writes on TechLoy, ‘One of the key highlights of the 9ideas Conference held over the weekend in Douala, Cameroon was the demoing of the ‘Elephant project.’ He goes on to explain, ‘Njorku is a jobs search engine that crawls the web (especially job sites) to find jobs based on keyword searches in any African country and makes them available to users.’
This video pitch is great because it gives a personal introduction into Churchill as an entrepreneur and a nice background on his project. While we are in Cameroon we will be working to film more pitches like this and integrate them into the venture profiles on VC4Africa.biz. We hope that entrepreneurs in Buea and Douala will inspire entrepreneurs from across the VC4A network to do the same. When the distance between people is sometimes countries or even oceans video pitches like this can go a long way in breaking the ice.
Tags: Africa, cameroon, churchill, entrepreneur, Google, investor, job search, loy okezie, Nigeria, njorku, Pitch, sme, SOuth Africa, startup, Tech, techloy, Technology, vc4africa, venture, venture capital, venture profile, video pitch, web
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- RT @Biz4Africa: "The main problem the company has with the ecosystem is access to talent. We need more young people who understand business… 2 days ago
- RT @ABANAngels: Entrepreneurs are shaping the future of this continent. @VC4Africa CEO and @ABANAngels & @AfriLabs cofounder @zia505 speaki… 2 days ago
- RT @segeni: @RecyclePointsNG "we convert waste to wealth" ~ Chioma making her pitch at #Africa2017 #Africa2017YED https://t.co/EnD7k3xiPv 3 days ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs