- in ActivSpaces, Afrilabs, Business, Cameroon, Conference, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, Entrepreneurship, Events, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, Incubator, Information Resources, Investment Africa, Media in Africa, Mobile, Open Source, Really Simple Reporting, Research, Sanaga Ventures, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, Telecom, Tools, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- Leave a comment
Exploring Business Models @ACTIVSpaces
One of the big challenges for tech incubators in Africa is helping their entrepreneurs get their ideas into the market. Today at ACTIVSpaces we will be exploring these issue in detail and working through a number of models that might be useful for entrepreneurs ready to make this next step.
Here is the workshop description:
Are you working on a mobile application you think can change the way the world works? Do you have a web based service that could revolutionize the industry? If you have a promising idea we invite you to join us for an intensive afternoon workshop. We are looking for 15 young and dynamic entrepreneurs with innovative ideas to join these sessions. The costs of the workshop are covered by the organizer Sanaga Ventures, a technology investor based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The only thing you have to bring is your energy, passion and ideas!
Good ideas don’t mean much if we can’t get them into the market. The biggest challenge is to identify the right business models that can be implemented not tomorrow but today! It’s time to get disruptive 🙂 There are many new business models emblematic of our generation, yet they remain poorly understood, even as they transform competitive landscapes across industries. This workshop builds on the proven Business Model Canvas and offers you powerful, simple, tested tools for understanding, designing, reworking, and implementing business models that could see your idea rise into a profitable business. But you won’t spend your time listening to presentations, this is an intensive working session for anyone striving to improve their existing business model — or craft a new one.
Change the way you think about business models
This workshop will teach you powerful and practical innovation techniques used today by leading companies worldwide. You will learn how to systematically understand, design, and implement a new business model — or analyze and renovate old ones.
Co-created by 470 strategy practitioners
At this workshop we will implement a number of tools crowdsourced from 470 practitioners from 45 countries. These tools were financed and produced independently of the traditional publishing industry. They feature a tightly-integrated, visual, lie-flat design that enables immediate hands-on use.
Designed for doers
This workshop is for those ready to abandon outmoded thinking and embrace new, innovative models of value creation: executives, consultants, entrepreneurs — and leaders of all organizations.
Send a description of your business (and a URL to your website if you have one) to the organizers email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The workshop is scheduled between 2:00 and 5:00pm on Wednesday May 4th. The session will be hosted by ActivSpaces and will close with networking at the VC4Africa meetup 🙂
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- @iHub buyout raises Nairobi status as Africa tech capital businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/comp… 48 minutes ago
- Accelerators scramble for new revenue streams as equity model fails techinasia.com/accelerators-s… 1 day ago
- RT @remoteok_jobs: .@vc4africa is now looking for a Web developer Full Stack remotely #fullstack #dev #webdev 👉 remoteok.io/jobs/61892-rem… 1 day ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs