- in Access to Finance, Appfrica Labs, Business, Conference, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, Events, Hive Colab, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, Incubator, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, investor, kampala, matchmaking, meetup, Mobile, Open Source, SME, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, uganda, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.biz, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- Leave a comment
Join the 2nd VC4Africa Meetup Kampala
The first VC4Africa meetup was organized in Kampala, Uganda @ Katch the Sun. This was already in June of 2008 and it’s exciting to see similar meetups have already been organized in 26 cities around the world. In true VC4Africa fashion, local members have taken it upon themselves to carry the meetup idea forward. Yvonne was one of the entrepreneurs who attended the first event and now she is working with Reinier Battenberg and others to organize a follow up event which I think is great.
This time we will change location to Palms and Crocs (in Nakasero) in the Downtown area. The meetup is on the 26th of October between 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM. As with all meetups, there is no agenda, no fee or speakers. Just good old fashioned networking And remember, Yvonne and Reinier are helping host the event but each member is responsible for paying their own tab.
Tags: Africa, angel, appfrica, Business, capital, Community, crowdfunding, crowdsourcing, entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship, Hive Colab, Incubator, investors, kampala, networking, seed, startup, Technology, uganda, venture, venture capital
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- Venture capital investment in Africa: Where the IFC is betting its money howwemadeitinafrica.com/venture-capita… # 10 hours ago
- RT @VC4Africa: Join us at the 4th annual African angel investor summit vc4a.com/aais2017 #AAIS2017 https://t.co/hJE9UjOAFH 4 days ago
- Convergence Partners Has Exited Its Investment In Dimension Data iafrikan.com/2017/07/27/con… 3 weeks ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs