- in 1%Club, Access to Finance, ActivSpaces, Afrilabs, Angel Investor, Appfrica Labs, BantaLabs, Business, Business Models, Cameroon, Conference, content, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, ethnography, Events, Hive Colab, Hivos, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, iHub, Incubator, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, investor, JokkoLabs, kampala, Kenya, Kenya Elections, matchmaking, Media in Africa, meetup, Mobile, Mobile Reporting, Nailab, Nigeria, Open Source, Research, Sanaga Ventures, SME, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, Telecom, Tools, uganda, Ushahidi, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.biz, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- 1 Comment
The Rise of a Startup Culture in Africa [Video Presentation]
Technology + Entrepreneurs + A vision = Startups in Africa in need of Venture Capital.
This is a one line summary of the presentation I recently gave at the 1% Event in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. In the presentation I talk about the rise of the techprenuer in Africa and the cheetah Generation that is now empowered with the knowledge and tools they need to change the world. This presentation builds on a lot of the ethnographic research I did in Kampala, Uganda and my experiences working on the ICT Entrepreneurship program at Hivos. I also talk about AfriLabs as a network organization connecting technology incubators in Africa and VC4Africa (Venture Capital for Africa) as a platform for crowdsourcing network, information and capital via the web.
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs