- in 1%Club, Access to Finance, ActivSpaces, Africa Interactive, AfricaNews.com, Afrilabs, Angel Investor, Appfrica Labs, BantaLabs, Business, Business Canvas, Business Modeling, Business Models, Cameroon, content, crisis mapping, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, End User, entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, ethnography, Events, Gadgets, Hive Colab, Hivos, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, iHub, Incubator, Information Resources, Interview, Investment Africa, investor, JokkoLabs, kampala, Kenya, Kenya Elections, matchmaking, Media in Africa, meetup, Mobile, Mobile Reporting, Nailab, Nigeria, Open Source, Really Simple Reporting, Research, Sanaga Ventures, SME, Social Web, Software, Software Studies, Start up, Startups, Technology, Telecom, Tools, uganda, Ushahidi, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.biz, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- Leave a comment
Fast Moving Targets: Africa as promising investment frontier
Here is an interview I did last week with Fast Moving Targets, a new series dedicated to showcasing innovation in media, technology and communications. They are very much tapping into Amsterdam as a creative media lab and the beginnings of a promising startup culture here in the city. Importantly, they ask the question, ‘what’s going on, what does that mean for whom and how do you actually get new trends and technologies to succeed?’
It’s great to see initiatives like this come online. It adds to The Next Web (many people do not know they are based in Amsterdam) and Hackers and Founders Meetups as important platforms for engaging the community, identifying key developments and highlighting protagonists in the space. Fast Moving Targets is an initiative of ‘The Crowds‘ and hosted by Erwin Blom and Roeland Stekelenburg. They have a great production team and it was nice of Johan Schaap, the founder of Probaton, to make the connection.
The show is filmed live which gives it an interesting character and streamed via the site. They film the chit chat before and after the actual show (so be aware:) and take questions from people watching via Twitter. The show has an interactive and relaxed feel to it. Mostly because of the Palm beer. It was also great practice for my Dutch!:) Here is the description as posted on the site: ‘Ben White van VC4Africa probeert werelden bij elkaar te brengen. Investeerders en ondernemers. Europa en Afrika. Omdat hij ziet hoe groot het talent in laatstgenoemd werelddeel is, omdat hij overtuigd is van het zakenlijk potentieel, maar ook omdat hij een idealist is die van Afrika houdt. VC4Africa gaat over geld, maar nog veel meer over netwerken. Met al duizenden aan boord. Een aflevering van Top Names van Fast Moving Targets.’
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs