- in Access to Finance, Angel Investor, Business, Cameroon, crowdfunding, Crowdsourced, Development, Development 2.0, Economics, entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, ICT, ICT 4 Uganda, ICT Africa, ICT4Uganda, Incubator, Information Resources, Investment Africa, investor, meetup, SME, Social Web, Software, Start up, Startups, Technology, VC 4 Africa, VC4Africa Meetup, vc4africa.biz, vc4africa.com, venture capital
- Leave a comment
VC4Africa Infographic, 2012 the year of Entrepreneurship in Africa
We have been wanting to produce some visuals for some time now and it was fun to see this project come together for the start of the new year. Instead of some card with a bunch of happy faces we thought we would visualize a trend we strongly believe in. We witness and champion a general shift of attention that we hope will see more focus placed on the continent’s entrepreneurs. Really the most underrated change agent if you ask me.
The infographic starts with some background on VC4Africa and where the community is at in terms of its development. We then follow the introduction with statistics that give a strong indication of just how fast things are actually changing on a fundamental level. We highlight the challenges we still need to face concerning some of the resource constraints (human and capital) and answer this challenge with our peer-to-peer driven network approach we feel is a viable way to start filling the gaps.
This graphic was done in partnership with our designer Joppe Rovers. Check out his website. Also see a higher quality version of the VC4A Infographic – 2012 the year of the Entrepreneur (280KB).
Tags: 2012, access, Africa, angel, Business, Community, connections, entrepreneur, Entrepreneurship, finance, ideas, incubators, infographic, inspiration, Internet, investor, meet ups, Mobile, network, peer to peer, Platform, Resources, seed, Software, startup, Tech, Technology, vc4africa, venture, venture capital, visualization, year of the entrepreneur
About zia505The world is changing right before my eyes. Sometimes I don't know how I will ever keep up. There are so many ideas floating around on this internet. If only I had the means to collect them....
- RT @Biz4Africa: "The main problem the company has with the ecosystem is access to talent. We need more young people who understand business… 2 days ago
- RT @ABANAngels: Entrepreneurs are shaping the future of this continent. @VC4Africa CEO and @ABANAngels & @AfriLabs cofounder @zia505 speaki… 2 days ago
- RT @segeni: @RecyclePointsNG "we convert waste to wealth" ~ Chioma making her pitch at #Africa2017 #Africa2017YED https://t.co/EnD7k3xiPv 3 days ago
Search my blog
See Recent Posts
- Up and running, African Business Angels Network (ABAN) launches at EBAN 2014
- 10 investments for unleashing the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- The latest from the Kauffman Sketchbook – “Go Be An Entrepreneur”
- Launch Angel Investor network in Lagos, Nigeria
- Tech4Africa Google Hangout with African Tech Hubs